Comment on page
Boost control mechanics
Roach Racing Club introduces the first-ever use of real-time price feeds for immersive and interactive racing gameplay. It allows you to essentially "play the charts" with live prices of crypto assets. By using a live chart based on real-time data feeds you are able to exercise your prediction skills and compete with your friends.
Each roach has an inborn property of a certain crypto asset, so there are Bitcoin Roaches, Ethereum Roaches, Polygon Roaches, etc. Choosing a certain roach for the race means choosing the asset you will play with to get the Boost.
You need to manually open and close virtual trading positions to activate Boost for your roach during the race.
Boost is activated during the race as follows:
- 1.Open a virtual position by choosing the upward or downward direction of price movement, or in other words, you choose to go "long" or "short" with the asset.
- 2.When you open the position the price mark is fixed, and the difference in price from the opening mark determines the amount of Boost Coefficient. The higher the price difference from the opening mark - the higher the Boost amount you can get.
- 3.Boost can go in both – a positive and negative range. The direction of price movement determines how the Boost coefficient will be accumulated:
- If you choose an upward trend (long position) and the price goes higher than the opening mark, the Boost will be positive and can be used for acceleration. If the price goes lower from the opening mark while in a long position, the Boost coefficient will be negative.
- If you choose a downward trend (short position), you will get a positive Boost when the price goes lower than the opening mark and a negative Boost when the price goes higher.
- 4.You can close the position at any time and thus activate the resulting Boost for acceleration or penalty. The duration of Boost is constant, but the power of acceleration depends on the Boost coefficient gained when you close the position:
- If the Boost meter is in a positive range, the roach will get accelerated according to the Boost coefficient amount as if to "take profit".
- If the Boost meter is in a negative range, the roach will get a speed penalty according to the Boost coefficient amount as if to "fix loss".
- 5.Boost Cooldown (5 sec) - after each closing of the position there is 5 seconds cooldown, so that the next position can be opened only 5 seconds after the Boost activation.
- 6.The number of Boost activations during the race are not limited and you can use Boost as many times as possible during the race.